Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends heated kettle and auxiliary equipment to process molten lead and nitric acid into lead nitrate: Loads lead-melting kettle with lead ingots, using hoist.
- 2) Turns valves to regulate flow of fuel oil and air, and tends stoker or shovels coal to fire furnace that melts lead in kettle.
- 3) Ladles molten lead into trough or tips melting kettle to pour molten lead into trough for transfer to vat containing nitric acid where ingredients combine to form lead nitrate.
- 4) Turns outlet valve to transfer lead nitrate to filter press for removal of impurities.
- 5) Tests sample of filtrate for purity by observing color or using litmus paper.
- 6) Starts pumps to transfer batch to storage tank.
- 7) Gauges contents of tanks, using calibrated stick, and records quantity on batch card.
- 8) May ladle molten lead into vats containing cold water to cause solidification into irregular, spongelike shapes, exposing more surface area for faster chemical reaction in subsequent process treatment.
- 9) May drain off water and shovel solidified sponged lead onto conveyor for further processing.
Is being a "LEAD-NITRATE PROCESSOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LEAD-NITRATE PROCESSOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LEAD-NITRATE PROCESSOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LEAD-NITRATE PROCESSOR"
Job Number: 5821