Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Welds lead or lead alloy, using gas torch or arc welding equipment, to install and repair lead items according to oral instructions or dimensional data from blueprints: Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- 2) Cuts lead sheets or pipe, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- 3) Levels and scrapes edges or surfaces, using hand scraper, and positions parts for burning.
- 4) Ignites torch and adjusts valves to obtain flame of specified size and color or adjusts arc welding equipment to obtain specified arc.
- 5) Welds in flat, vertical, horizontal, or overhead positions.
- 6) Melts lead bar or wire to add lead to joint.
- 7) Bonds lead to steel or copper to produce homogeneous lead lining or cover, using flux.
- 8) Places hand molding irons on heavy joints or corners to hold them in position.
- 9) Heats forms and dresses lead pipes, elbows, and parts, using handtools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- 10) Places asbestos strip under joints to prevent heating of supporting surface.
- 11) May pour molten lead into permanent or sand molds to cast parts.
- 12) May melt scrap in kettle and cast or extrude melted scrap into bars or wire for reuse.
- 13) Important variations include type of joint welded.
Is being a "LEAD BURNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LEAD BURNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LEAD BURNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LEAD BURNER"
Job Number: 5803