Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Stores and releases merchandise and receives payments for merchandise held in layaway department: Places ordered merchandise on shelves in storeroom.
- 2) Receives payments on account and final payments for merchandise and issues receipts, using cash register.
- 3) Keeps records of packages held, amount of each payment, and balance due.
- 4) Contacts customer when specified period of time has passed without payment to determine if customer still wants merchandise.
- 5) Releases merchandise to customer upon receipt of final payment, or when customer opens charge account, or routes merchandise for delivery to shipping or delivery department.
- 6) Packs merchandise when picked up by or being delivered to customer.
Is being a "LAYAWAY CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAYAWAY CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAYAWAY CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAYAWAY CLERK"
Job Number: 5788