"LAY-OUT WORKER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out reference points and dimensions on sheets, plates, tubes, and structural shapes for fabricating, welding, and assembling into structural metal products: Plans and develops layout as outlined on blueprints and templates, applying knowledge of trigonometry, product design, effects of heat, and allowances for curvature and thickness of metal.
- 2) Details location and sequence of cutting, drilling, bending, rolling, punching, and welding operations, using instruments, such as compass, protractor, dividers, and rule.
- 3) Marks curves, lines, holes, dimensions, and welding symbols onto workpiece, using scribes, soapstone, and punches.
- 4) May design and make templates of wood, paper, or metal.
- 5) May be designated according to type material laid out as Sheet-Metal Lay-Out Worker; Structural-Steel Lay-Out Worker.
Is being a "LAY-OUT WORKER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAY-OUT WORKER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAY-OUT WORKER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAY-OUT WORKER I"
Job Number: 5797