Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts criminal and civil lawsuits, draws up legal documents, advises clients as to legal rights, and practices other phases of law: Gathers evidence in divorce, civil, criminal, and other cases to formulate defense or to initiate legal action.
- 2) Conducts research, interviews clients and witnesses, and handles other details in preparation for trial.
- 3) Prepares legal briefs, develops strategy, arguments, and testimony in preparation for presentation of case.
- 4) Files brief with court clerk.
- 5) Represents client in court and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government.
- 6) Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- 7) May confer with colleagues with specialty in area of lawsuit to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings.
- 8) May act as trustee, guardian, or executor.
- 9) May draft wills, trusts, transfer of assets, gifts, and other documents.
- 10) May advise corporate clients concerning transactions of business involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers, and corporate relations with general public.
- 11) May supervise and coordinate activities of subordinate legal personnel.
- 12) May prepare business contracts, pay taxes, settle labor disputes, and administer other legal matters.
- 13) May teach college courses in law.
- 14) May specialize in specific phase of law.
Is being a "LAWYER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAWYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAWYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAWYER"
Job Number: 2721