"LAUNDRY WORKER II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends laundering machines to clean articles, such as rags, wiping cloths, filter cloths, bags, sacks, and work clothes: Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent.
- 2) Turns valve to fill washer with water.
- 3) Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
- 4) Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and driers for measured time cycles.
- 5) Sorts dried articles according to identification numbers or type.
- 6) Folds and places item in appropriate storage bin.
- 7) Lubricates machines, using grease gun and oil can.
- 8) May dissolve soap granules in hot water and steam to make liquid soap.
- 9) May mend torn articles, using needle and thread.
- 10) May sort and count articles to verify quantities on laundry lists.
- 11) May soak contaminated articles in neutralizer solution in vat to precondition articles for washing.
- 12) May mix dyes and bleaches according to formula, and dye and bleach specified articles.
- 13) May be designated according to article cleaned as Bag Washer; Cloth Washer; Color-Straining-Bag Washer; Oil-Rag Washer; Wiping-Rag Washer.
Is being a "LAUNDRY WORKER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAUNDRY WORKER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAUNDRY WORKER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAUNDRY WORKER II"
Job Number: 5772