Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Washes, dries, and irons articles in hand-laundries and laundromats, using equipment, such as hand iron, and small washing and drying machines: Sorts articles on worktable or in baskets on floor to separate special washes, such as fugitives and starch work.
- 2) Loads and unloads washing and drying machines, and adds detergent powder and bleach as required.
- 3) Folds fluff-dry articles preparatory to wrapping.
- 4) Presses wearing apparel, using hand iron.
- 5) Assembles, wraps, or bags laundered articles for delivery to customer.
- 6) Some hand laundries are machine-equipped and only touching-up is done by hand iron; in others, some articles, such as flatwork and shirts, are sent to larger machine-equipped plants.
Is being a "LAUNDERER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAUNDERER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAUNDERER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAUNDERER, HAND"
Job Number: 5766