Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fastens wooden, metal, or rockboard lath to walls, ceilings, and partitions of buildings to provide supporting base for plaster, fireproofing, or acoustical material, using handtools and portable power tools: Erects horizontal metal framework to which laths are fastened, using nails, bolts, and studgun.
- 2) Drills holes in floor and ceiling, using portable electric tool, and drives ends of wooden or metal studs into holes to provide anchor for furring or rockboard lath.
- 3) Wires horizontal strips to furring to stiffen framework.
- 4) Cuts lath to fit openings and projections, using handtools or portable power tools.
- 5) Wires, nails, clips, or staples lath to framework, ceiling joists, and flat concrete surfaces.
- 6) Bends metal lath to fit corners, or attaches preformed corner reinforcements.
- 7) Wires plasterer's channels to overhead structural framework to provide support for plaster or acoustical ceiling tile.
- 8) May install metal casings around openings, metal window stools, and metal trim and plaster grounds nailed to studding to provide guide for PLASTERER.
- 9) May weld metal frame supports to steel structural members.
- 10) May be designated according to type of lath applied as Metal Lather; Rockboard Lather; Wood Lather; or according to task performed as Metal Furrer.
Is being a "LATHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LATHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LATHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LATHER"
Job Number: 5762