Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates lathe to wind compression, extension, and torsion springs of specified diameter, pitch, and length from wire or bar stock.
- 2) Lifts roll of stock onto holding device, threads stock through guides, and clamps wire to arbor.
- 3) Starts machine to revolve arbor until specified number of coils are wound, guiding coils by hand or using pitch tool.
- 4) Cuts spring from stock, using shears, and reverses arbor direction to remove spring.
- 5) Measures spring for conformance to specifications, using micrometers and gauges, and adjusts arbor and pitch tool to obtain specified product.
- 6) Closes ends of springs, using mallet.
- 7) Squares and flattens spring ends, using grinding machine.
- 8) May adjust length and pitch of formed springs, using mallet and wedge.
- 9) May wind wire springs, using hand-powered lathe, and be designated Spring Coiler, Hand.
- 10) May be designated according to product as Flexible-Shaft Winder.
Is being a "LATHE WINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LATHE WINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LATHE WINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LATHE WINDER"
Job Number: 5761