Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Positions veneer blocks between spindles of veneer lathe, using electric hoist: Measures diameter of block to locate and mark center, using ruler.
- 2) Examines end of log to detect rot, cracks, and splits.
- 3) Selects chuck of minimum diameter according to size and condition of block, and places block on lathe spindle.
- 4) Secures hooks to ends of block, activates hoist to suspend block between lathe chucks, and signals VENEER-LATHE OPERATOR to press chucks into block.
- 5) Removes knots, dirt, and other foreign matter, using ax, steam hose, and pick.
- 6) May assist in chaining lathe knives.
- 7) May operate lathe-charging-machine from console to position logs for automatic loading into rotary veneer lathe.
- 8) May be designated according to type of log peeled as Flitch Hanger.
Is being a "LATHE SPOTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LATHE SPOTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LATHE SPOTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LATHE SPOTTER"
Job Number: 5759