Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates lathe or vacuum spindle machine to remove toolmarks and smooth round wooden parts: Positions part to be sanded between headstock and tailstock of lathe, and closes tailstock against part to hold it in place, or places part on rubber cup of vacuum spindle.
- 2) Starts machine and presses sandpaper of specified grade over and around rotating part.
- 3) Inspects or feels part to ascertain whether surface is smooth.
- 4) Removes sanded part from machine.
- 5) May apply wax or other finishes while part is rotating on machine.
- 6) May be designated according to machine as Vacuum-Spindle Sander.
Is being a "LATHE SANDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LATHE SANDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LATHE SANDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LATHE SANDER"
Job Number: 5758