Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines to shape and smooth shoe lasts to specified contour and size, performing any combination of following tasks: Cuts lathe centers from last turnings at specified point, using bandsaw or handsaw.
- 2) Files toe area of last to specified contour outline drawn on bottom of last.
- 3) Sands toe area with sandpaper or operates sanding machine to attain specified size and finish.
- 4) Verifies finished size, using templates.
- 5) Operates sanding machine to sand heel area of last to remove excess material, form heel, and establish specified length of last.
- 6) Verifies last length, using gauge.
- 7) Replaces worn sandpaper belts on sanding machines.
- 8) May draw last bottom outline, using sole pattern and pencil.
- 9) May specialize on one part of last and be designated Heel Grinder; Toe Stripper.
Is being a "LAST TRIMMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAST TRIMMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAST TRIMMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAST TRIMMER"
Job Number: 5743