Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Remodels and repairs out-of-style, worn, or damaged shoe lasts, performing any combination of following tasks: Saws kerfs into specified areas of last toe, applies glue, and hammers wedges of last material into kerfs to build up toe area.
- 2) Saws, files, and sands toe of last to specified shape, using handtools and portable sanders.
- 3) Drills holes in splintered areas of lasts, using electric drill.
- 4) Brushes glue on wood or fiber pegs and hammers pegs into holes in last.
- 5) Cuts pegs off at surface of last, using handsaw or powered saw.
- 6) Verifies shape, using templates and sole patterns.
- 7) Replaces worn or damaged hardware and trim on last, such as hinge pins, hinges, thimble sleeves, fiber and leather heel trim, or rubber tack holders, using handtools and powered bench tools.
- 8) Sands varnish from last and dips or sprays last with varnish to refinish.
- 9) Polishes last, using power buffer.
- 10) Paints identifying stripes on last according to specified code.
- 11) May stamp style, size, and width numbers on last.
Is being a "LAST REMODELER-REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAST REMODELER-REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAST REMODELER-REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAST REMODELER-REPAIRER"
Job Number: 5739