Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pattern grading machine to cut out paper last patterns for shoe sizes of specified style and cuts out steel patterns for use in manufacturing shoe lasts: Positions customer's last pattern on steel sheet, scribes line around pattern, and cuts along line with metal snips to form steel cutting pattern.
- 2) Secures pattern on table of grading machine.
- 3) Adjusts reduction scale of machine to cut specified size paper patterns.
- 4) Inserts cutting tool and stylus into ends of pantograph arm of machine.
- 5) Starts machine, turns gear to advance uncut pattern paper from roll into position under cutting tool and lowers stylus to starting point on steel pattern.
- 6) Guides stylus around pattern, observing action of cutting tool to correct cutting irregularities.
- 7) Measures paper pattern cut by machine against original pattern to verify reproduction of size and shape.
- 8) Repeats machine operations to cut out specified number of patterns of given size.
- 9) Readjusts reduction scale and repeats cutting operation to produce all pattern sizes specified for prescribed shoe style.
- 10) Staples, tapes, or glues specified sized heel patterns to last patterns when making patterns for LAST-MODEL MAKER.
- 11) May cut insole patterns to customer specifications for use in shoe factories.
Is being a "LAST-PATTERN GRADER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAST-PATTERN GRADER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAST-PATTERN GRADER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAST-PATTERN GRADER"
Job Number: 5748