Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Constructs and tests prototype gas or solid-state laser devices, applying theory and principles of laser engineering and electronic circuits: Reviews project instructions, such as assembly layout, blueprints, and sketches, and confers with engineering personnel to clarify laser device specifications.
- 2) Interprets production details, such as dimensions and functional requirements, for workers engaged in grinding mirror blanks, coating mirror surfaces, and machining metal parts.
- 3) Installs and aligns optical parts, such as mirrors and waveplates, in laser body, using precision instruments.
- 4) Turns controls of vacuum pump and gas transfer equipment to purge, evacuate, and fill laser body with specified volume and pressure of gases, such as helium, neon, or carbon dioxide, to test laser beam.
- 5) Assembles completed laser body in chassis, and installs and aligns electronic components, tubing, and wiring to connect controls, such as valves, regulators, dials, and switches.
- 6) Sets up precision electronic and optical instruments to test laser device, using specified electrical or optical inputs.
- 7) Tests laser for gas leaks, using leak detector.
- 8) Analyzes test data and reports results to engineering personnel.
- 9) May prepare and write technical reports to recommend solutions to technical problems.
Is being a "LASER TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LASER TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LASER TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LASER TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 5729