Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates laser-beam machine, which produces heat from concentrated light beam, to weld metal components: Pushes button to open safety enclosure at rear of laser cavity.
- 2) Positions metal components in fixture and places components on fixture-holding table inside cavity.
- 3) Pushes button to close safety enclosure.
- 4) Aligns rear mirror of laser cavity, using micrometer screws, according to chart specifications.
- 5) Types instructions, using teletype machine, to computer that automatically places fixture-holding table in operative position.
- 6) Sights reference mark through microscope and turns controls to move fixture to welding position.
- 7) Teletypes instructions to initiate weld cycle and to return fixture-holding table to unload position.
- 8) Pushes button to open safety enclosure and removes fixtures containing welded components.
- 9) Cleans optics, using brush, and replaces used flash tubes.
- 10) May cut metal components, using laser-beam machine, and be designated Laser-Beam Cutter.
Is being a "LASER-BEAM-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LASER-BEAM-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LASER-BEAM-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LASER-BEAM-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5730