"LAPPER, HAND, TOOL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Laps metal objects, such as gauges and machine parts, to specifications within tolerances as fine as 0.
- 2) 00001 inch, applying knowledge of abrasives and lapping procedures: Measures workpiece with instrument, such as optical comparator, compares workpiece dimensions with specifications to ascertain amount of stock to be removed, and estimates number of lapping strokes required.
- 3) Mounts workpiece in fixture, or in power-driven mechanism, using wrenches and keys, and positions work aids, such as parallel bars and rods to guide motion of lap I or workpiece.
- 4) Files grooves in surface of lap to hold lapping compound.
- 5) Applies compound to workpiece and rubs lap across workpiece with rotary or reciprocating motion, feeling friction and applying required pressure based on previous experience, to attain specified tolerance.
- 6) Measures workpiece to verify conformance to specifications, using special gauges.
- 7) Straightens or polishes rods by inserting and pressing them between two rollers with lapping compound.
Is being a "LAPPER, HAND, TOOL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAPPER, HAND, TOOL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAPPER, HAND, TOOL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAPPER, HAND, TOOL"
Job Number: 5724