"LAP CUTTER-TRUER OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends truing machine that mills and recuts surfaces of metal lap used in grinding and polishing eyeglass lenses to specified curvature: Holds lap against rotating brush to remove marks indicating number of times lap was used.
- 2) Set scale indicators of truing machine, according to dioptric power indicated by numbers on lap, and clamps lap in chuck of machine.
- 3) Starts machine and positions cutting blade against surface of lap, or engages automatic feed mechanism which reciprocates lap against cutting blade to shave and true surface of lap.
- 4) Removes lap from machine chuck, and measures it for conformance to specifications, using template.
- 5) Grooves surface of lap to retain abrasive on surface edges of lap, by hand or machine, to remove roughness caused by cutting, truing I, and grooving operations.
- 6) Occasionally sharpens cutting blade, using grinder.
Is being a "LAP CUTTER-TRUER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAP CUTTER-TRUER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAP CUTTER-TRUER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAP CUTTER-TRUER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5721