Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and designs development of land areas for projects, such as parks and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, and parkways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial, and residential sites: Confers with clients, engineering personnel, and ARCHITECTS on overall program.
- 2) Compiles and analyzes data on such site conditions as geographic location; soil, vegetation, and rock features; drainage; and location of structures for preparation of environmental impact report and development of landscaping plans.
- 3) Prepares site plans, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for land development, showing ground contours, vegetation, locations of structures, and such facilities as roads, walks, parking areas, fences, walls, and utilities, coordinating arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures.
- 4) Inspects construction work in progress to ensure compliance with landscape specifications, to approve quality of materials and work, and to advise client and construction personnel on landscape features.
- 5) May be designated according to project as Highway-Landscape Architect; Park-Landscape Architect.
Is being a "LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT"
Job Number: 5717