Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cements precut laminated plastic covering materials to plywood panels to form furniture parts, such as cabinet tops, countertops, tabletops, and desktops: Applies cement to surface of plywood panels, using brush.
- 2) Glues plastic laminated covering material to plywood panel to form furniture part and smooths surface with rollers.
- 3) Wipes acetone on edges of covering and panel with rag and solvent to remove excess cement.
- 4) Examines edges of laminated part to detect ridges, and removes excess material with file or electric hand trimmer.
- 5) May attach metal molding trim to edges, using glue and handtools.
- 6) May cut plastic laminated material and plywood to specified size and shape, using handtools and power tools.
- 7) May clamp laminated plastic in place until glue sets, using clamps or vise.
- 8) May install laminated plastic tops on furniture and be designated Plastic-Top Installer.
- 9) May cover tops of kitchen and bathroom fixtures and be designated Cabinet Assembler.
Is being a "LAMINATOR, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LAMINATOR, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAMINATOR, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAMINATOR, HAND"
Job Number: 5709