"LABORER, WOOD-PRESERVING PLANT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to store, move, treat, and process wood products in wood-preserving plant: Piles wood products, such as ties, piling, poles, and fence posts, on trams, by hand or by use of overhead hoist.
- 2) Inserts wooden strips to bind and space load, and shapes load to fit cylinder retort.
- 3) Chains or bolts down tram loads, using wrenches and fasteners.
- 4) Bolts and unbolts doors of retorts with hand or pneumatic wrench.
- 5) Pulls loads in and out of retorts, using winch.
- 6) Drills test-bores in treated or untreated wood with hand drill.
- 7) Opens and closes valves for operating retort.
- 8) Loads and unloads wood materials from railroad cars, trucks, and barges.
- 9) Moves and positions timbers and piling in framing or pole yard.
- 10) Feeds woodstock into various machines that adz, bore, cut, incise, or peel it; and removes processed material by hand or by use of hoist.
- 11) Burns identification markings in poles, using branding iron.
- 12) May be designated according to duties performed as Adzing-and-Boring-Machine Helper; Cross-Tie-Tram Loader; Tie Handler; Wincher.
Is being a "LABORER, WOOD-PRESERVING PLANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, WOOD-PRESERVING PLANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, WOOD-PRESERVING PLANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, WOOD-PRESERVING PLANT"
Job Number: 5673