"LABORER, TIN CAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks involved in manufacture of tin cans: Opens bales of tinplate, using cutters.
- 2) Removes rust spots, oil stains, or other surface accumulations, from sheets of tinplate, using steel wool, scouring powder, or cloths soaked in alcohol.
- 3) Straightens bent or dented tinplate with mallet.
- 4) Places cans and lids on paint racks, prior to painting process and removes painted items from racks for shipping.
- 5) Supplies packing-line workers with packing materials.
- 6) Places units, such as handles and cleats on flux pads and positions nozzles and solder strips on cans on conveyors that pass into ovens used to join items to cans.
- 7) Packs cans or lids in cardboard containers by hand or using packing machine, or bulk-packs cans in railroad cars or transport trucks with handtools.
- 8) Lines railroad cars or trucks with paper and installs bulkheads for bulk loading.
- 9) Sorts cans according to size and type.
- 10) Feeds flattened can bodies through reforming machine to straighten them.
- 11) Seals containers with tape, staples, and bands or feeds filled containers through glue machine.
- 12) Repairs, relabels, and collapses used cartons for subsequent use.
- 13) Wraps pallet loads of cans with cardboard and paper.
- 14) Stacks, moves, or loads cans, containers, materials, and supplies around areas of plant by hand, truck, or cart.
- 15) May inspect units for obvious defects and discard defective items.
- 16) May be designated according to work assigned as Bag Sealer; Can-Reforming-Machine Operator; Can Stacker; Cleaner.
Is being a "LABORER, TIN CAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, TIN CAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, TIN CAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, TIN CAN"
Job Number: 5669