"LABORER, STARCH FACTORY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment, such as grinders and mixers, and performs any combination of following tasks to convert vegetables and grain, such as potatoes, corn, and wheat, into starch: Transports grain or vegetable from storage, using lift truck, opens sacks, and dumps materials into chute or conveyor leading to grinding mill.
- 2) Tends hammermill that removes foreign matter and grinds grain or vegetable into particles to form starch paste.
- 3) Turns valves and starts pumps and paddle agitators to transfer starch solution to settling vat, flush impurities from surface of solution, using water hose, drain water, and mix fresh water with settled starch.
- 4) Adds and mixes chemicals to starch milk as directed.
- 5) Starts pump, centrifuges, and driers to remove excess moisture from white starch.
- 6) Fills and weighs bags of dried starch and transports bags to storage, using lift or handtruck.
- 7) May be designated Door Slinger when opening and closing lever-actuated doors of starch kiln.
Is being a "LABORER, STARCH FACTORY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, STARCH FACTORY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, STARCH FACTORY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, STARCH FACTORY"
Job Number: 5665