"LABORER, SOLDER MAKING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of tasks involved in melting, refining, and pouring solder: Shovels scrap into furnace melting pots and adjusts fuel valves to regulate melting.
- 2) Skims off dross with ladle.
- 3) Plunges sieve box filled with potatoes to bottom of molten metal so that steam from charring potatoes agitates metal and brings additional dross to top.
- 4) Skims off remaining dross.
- 5) Ladles refined metal from pots to molds.
- 6) Removes cooled metal from molds and places it on handtruck.
- 7) Mixes tin, lead, or refined scrap solder in melting pots, as directed by SUPERVISOR, SOLDER MAKING.
- 8) Ladles new solder into pig molds or into troughs of solder-making table.
- 9) May cut bars into short lengths.
- 10) Ties bars into bundles and packs bundles for shipment or storage.
- 11) May charge lead and tin pigs into furnace melting pots, by hand or using overhead power hoist.
- 12) May weigh pigs preparatory to charging furnace, using scale.
- 13) May level machine that converts molten lead-tin alloys into powdered metal to process solder cream and be designated Solder Cream Maker.
Is being a "LABORER, SOLDER MAKING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, SOLDER MAKING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, SOLDER MAKING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, SOLDER MAKING"
Job Number: 5664