Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs following tasks in shipyards: Loads vehicles, using handtruck or dolly.
- 2) Washes trucks and other vehicles.
- 3) Cleans ships, piers, drydocks, and other working areas, using broom and water hose.
- 4) Opens shipping crates, using hammer and pinchbar.
- 5) Sorts lumber, metals, and other scrap materials.
- 6) Collects and burns trash.
- 7) Mixes and pours cement on inner bottoms of ships and around joints on decks to prepare surfaces for tile or to make joints watertight.
- 8) Removes paint and scale from ships' metal surfaces, using hand or powered wire brushes.
- 9) Conveys materials and tools to work site.
Is being a "LABORER, SHIPYARD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, SHIPYARD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, SHIPYARD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, SHIPYARD"
Job Number: 5663