"LABORER, SHELLFISH PROCESSING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks concerned with fresh packing, canning, freezing, or smoking shellfish: Transports shellfish, shellfish meats, cans, or cases to work area manually, or using wheeled hopper, handtruck, or power hoist.
- 2) Loads conveyors, hoppers, or handtrucks with product, cans, or cases.
- 3) Spreads shellfish on conveyor, drenches them with water, and removes foreign matter.
- 4) Weighs shellfish or shellfish meat, using scales.
- 5) Records weight of product on standard form.
- 6) Sorts shellfish according to size, and trims off unusable portions, using knife or scissors.
- 7) Packs shellfish meat in jars, cans, or boxes, and packs containers in crushed ice to fresh pack.
- 8) Cleans conveyors, machines, and work areas, using high pressure hose spray.
- 9) May feed cans and lids into lidding machine.
- 10) May be designated according to work performed as Shellfish Checker; Shellfish Packer; Shellfish Sorter; Shellfish Weigher.
Is being a "LABORER, SHELLFISH PROCESSING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, SHELLFISH PROCESSING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, SHELLFISH PROCESSING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, SHELLFISH PROCESSING"
Job Number: 5662