Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties in power plants, such as electrical power companies, industrial plants, and central heating plants: Assists in control and maintenance of coal conveying equipment, using handtools and lubricating equipment.
- 2) Shovels coal spillage onto conveyors.
- 3) Takes samples of coal and carries samples to laboratory for analysis.
- 4) Loads trucks or railcars with fly ash from dust collectors, using suction hose.
- 5) Starts and stops pumps, opens and closes floodgates, and adjusts valves of ash sluice system.
- 6) Sweeps, washes, cleans, and paints buildings, floors, and equipment.
- 7) Assists in inspection, maintenance, and repair of rail tracks, ties, and roadbeds, using shovels, picks, sledgehammers, jacks, and cutting torches.
- 8) Maintains roads, lawns, shrubs, and flowers, using power mowers and gardener's handtools.
- 9) Drives, loads, and unloads trucks to transport personnel and equipment.
- 10) Keeps logs on equipment and materials and submits production reports to supervisor.
Is being a "LABORER, POWERHOUSE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, POWERHOUSE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, POWERHOUSE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, POWERHOUSE"
Job Number: 5658