Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to load and unload electroplating equipment or to assist PLATER : Fastens metal workpieces to devices, such as hooks, racks, and cathode bars, or loads workpieces in baskets or barrels.
- 2) Immerses workpieces in series of cleaning, plating, pickling, and rinsing tanks, following timed cycle, manually or using hoist.
- 3) Carries workpieces between conveyors that move workpieces through electroplating processes.
- 4) Sets temperature dials of tanks to prescribed level.
- 5) Flips switch to activate electroplating process in tanks.
- 6) Removes workpieces from hooks, racks, bars, baskets, or barrels, and examines workpieces for plating defects, such as rough spots and thin plating.
- 7) Dries plated workpieces, using oven, centrifugal drier, or sawdust-filled container.
- 8) Packs workpieces in boxes or cartons for shipment.
- 9) Drains solutions from and cleans and refills tanks.
- 10) Removes buildup of plating metal from racks, using hammer or compressed-air vibrator, and coats racks with shellac.
- 11) Replaces damaged or worn equipment parts.
- 12) May be designated according to task performed as Cleaner; Rack Cleaner; Racker; Sawdust Drier.
Is being a "LABORER, ELECTROPLATING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, ELECTROPLATING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, ELECTROPLATING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, ELECTROPLATING"
Job Number: 5634