"LABORER, CONSTRUCTION OR LEAK GANG"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks in laying, repairing, and extending underground gas and steam mains and distribution pipes: Erects barricades and places lanterns around work site to protect workers from street traffic.
- 2) Breaks up pavement, using airhammer, and digs ditches preparatory to laying or removing pipe.
- 3) Maneuvers pipe sections, valves, and fittings into position, and holds pieces steady while worker tightens threaded connections.
- 4) Cuts, threads, and joins pipe sections as directed.
- 5) Assists PIPE CAULKER in caulking pipe joints.
- 6) Mixes and lays concrete to raise top of manhole to level of new street construction.
- 7) Patches cracks in underground vault walls with concrete and brushes or sprays walls with waterproof compound.
- 8) May drive truck and tend mobile ventilating equipment to supply fresh air to workers in underground vaults.
Is being a "LABORER, CONSTRUCTION OR LEAK GANG" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, CONSTRUCTION OR LEAK GANG" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, CONSTRUCTION OR LEAK GANG"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, CONSTRUCTION OR LEAK GANG"
Job Number: 5632