"LABORER, CONCRETE-MIXING PLANT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties in concrete mixing plant: Verifies amount of aggregate in storage bins by visual inspection, and turns swivel head to direct aggregate into specified bin.
- 2) Tends electrically powered conveyor or pneumatic pump to hoist cement from feeder hopper, railroad car, or transport truck into storage container, such as cement silo.
- 3) Loosens locking pin, using hammer, to dump cement from cars into storage hopper, prodding cement with pole through trapdoor in car until car is empty.
- 4) Positions trucks, cars, or buckets under spouts of concrete mixers, batching plants, or hoppers, using hand signals, and moving levers or handwheels to discharge concrete into trucks, cars, or buckets.
- 5) May haul cement from storage in bulk or bags, emptying, cleaning, and bundling empty bags.
- 6) May be designated according to duties performed as Aggregate-Conveyor Operator; Bag Shaker; Cement-Car Dumper; Cement-Conveyor Operator; Cement Handler; Cement-Sack Breaker.
- 7) May be designated: Concrete-Bucket Loader; Concrete-Bucket Unloader; Concrete-Conveyor Operator; Concrete-Hopper Operator; Concrete-Mixer Loader, Truck Mounted; Conveyor Tender, Concrete-Mixing Plant; Dumper, Central-Concrete-Mixing Plant; Loft Worker, Concrete-Mixing Plant.
Is being a "LABORER, CONCRETE-MIXING PLANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, CONCRETE-MIXING PLANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, CONCRETE-MIXING PLANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, CONCRETE-MIXING PLANT"
Job Number: 5631