"LABORER, CANVAS SHOP"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any of following tasks in laying out, cutting, sewing, fabricating, and assembling canvas products, such as awnings, tents, and tarpaulins: Carries or handtrucks supplies to work stations.
- 2) Unrolls cloth from bolt, cuts cloth to specified length with hand shears, and spreads cloth on table for pattern layout and cutting.
- 3) Stacks and marks cut cloth according to work order.
- 4) Rolls cloths into bundles.
- 5) Ties and tags bundles.
- 6) Inspects finished products for defects, such as tears, missing rope, or hardware, defective sewing, dirt, or stains.
- 7) Folds, ties, and packs finished products.
- 8) Trims threads from machine-sewed items with shears to prepare them for finishing.
- 9) Sews rings, snaps, or ropes to canvas by hand, using palm and needle.
- 10) May tend grommet machine to attach grommets to canvas.
- 11) May assist in installing awnings.
- 12) May be designated according to work performed as Awning Spreader; Ring Sewer.
Is being a "LABORER, CANVAS SHOP" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, CANVAS SHOP" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, CANVAS SHOP"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, CANVAS SHOP"
Job Number: 5626