"LABORER, AQUATIC LIFE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks related to cultivating, growing, and harvesting or gathering shellfish, finfish, amphibians, and other marine life: Stakes or fences ponds and growing areas following specified pattern to lay out planting bed.
- 2) Sows spat on sea bottom and covers with sand and shell mixture.
- 3) Patrols shrimp ponds and tidal pens on foot or by motorboat to detect presence of predators.
- 4) Transfers finfish from tanks to rearing ponds, using dip net.
- 5) Scatters food over growing area by hand or using blower.
- 6) Wades in water or drives boat to harvest area.
- 7) Collects marine life, using gill net, brail, shovel, or tongs.
- 8) Rigs and lowers dredge baskets, using block and tackle, and raises to empty catch.
- 9) Picks out marketable marine life and places in container, returning illegal catch to sea.
- 10) Packs and ices catch for shipment.
- 11) Unloads catch from boat deck, using conveyor, basket, or shovel.
- 12) Strings empty oyster shells on wire or places in basket.
- 13) Cleans ponds and tanks, and repairs screens, retaining walls, and fences.
- 14) Removes debris, seaweed, and predators from water to maintain growing area.
- 15) May be designated according to type of marine life worked as Clam-Bed Laborer; Fish Hatchery Laborer; Oyster-Bed Laborer; Shrimp Pond Laborer.
Is being a "LABORER, AQUATIC LIFE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORER, AQUATIC LIFE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORER, AQUATIC LIFE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORER, AQUATIC LIFE"
Job Number: 5623