Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests textile fibers and yarn at any stage in yarn-manufacturing process to determine conformance to standards: Collects samples from machines, gathers samples from carts, or receives samples at work station.
- 2) Records information regarding samples on company forms, and identifies samples with tags prior to testing.
- 3) Computes twists per inch in yarn samples, using formula and readings from twist counter.
- 4) Feeds yarn, roving, or sliver into evenness tester that detects and records variations in weight on printout sheet.
- 5) Winds specified length of yarn onto skein winder and removes skeins from winder.
- 6) Weighs skeins of yarn on balance scale and obtains yarn number from dial or chart.
- 7) Breaks individual strands or skeins of yarn with break tester to determine strength of yarn.
- 8) Winds yarn on black panel for inspection, compares evenness and number of slubs and neps in yarn with standard photographs, and assigns grade.
- 9) Weighs fiber sample on balance scale before and after drying and determines percentage of water content by computation or by consulting chart.
- 10) Records results of tests, compares results with company standards, and reports variations from standards to lab supervisor or MANAGER, QUALITY CONTROL.
- 11) Records waste produced by departments.
- 12) May receive defective yarn returned by customer and test yarn to determine whether company purchased defective materials, defects occurred during company processing, or customer caused defects to occur.
- 13) May perform standardized chemical tests to determine amount of oil or size in yarn.
- 14) May be designated according to specialty as Yarn-Weight-And-Strength Tester.
Is being a "LABORATORY TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORATORY TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORATORY TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORATORY TESTER"
Job Number: 5611