Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates activities of university science laboratory to assist faculty in teaching and research programs: Consults with faculty laboratory coordinator to determine equipment purchase priorities based on budget allowances, condition of existing equipment, and scheduled laboratory activities.
- 2) Prepares and puts in place equipment scheduled for use during laboratory teaching sessions.
- 3) Demonstrates care and use of equipment to teaching assistants.
- 4) Builds prototype equipment, applying electromechanical knowledge and using handtools and power tools.
- 5) Trains teaching staff and students in application and use of new equipment.
- 6) Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and dismantles and repairs equipment, applying knowledge of shop mechanics and using gauges, meters, handtools, and power tools.
- 7) Develops methods of laboratory experimentation, applying knowledge of scientific theory and computer capability.
- 8) Confers with teaching staff periodically to evaluate new equipment and methods.
- 9) Teaches laboratory sessions in absence of teaching assistant.
Is being a "LABORATORY MANAGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORATORY MANAGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORATORY MANAGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORATORY MANAGER"
Job Number: 5602