Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs standardized physical and chemical tests on materials and supplies used throughout power system to ensure compliance with specifications: Tests water used in boilers of steam generating plant for alkalinity and silica and phosphate content, using colorimeter and spectrophotometer.
- 2) Notifies POWER-PLANT OPERATOR or AUXILIARY-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR of amount of chemical additives required to bring water to prescribed level of purity.
- 3) Tests coal to determine Btu content by burning coal samples in colorimeter.
- 4) Tests oil used in circuit breakers for dielectric strength by placing sample of oil in ceramic cup positioned between two electrodes, and measuring current conducted by oil, using ohmmeter.
- 5) Ascertains heat resisting qualities of insulating paints and varnishes by coating pieces of sheet metal with paint and varnish and subjecting them to high temperatures.
- 6) May determine viscosity index of lubricating oils, using viscosimeter.
- 7) May inspect rubber protective equipment, such as aprons, gloves, and blankets for flaws.
Is being a "LABORATORY ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORATORY ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORATORY ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORATORY ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 5595