Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs standardized laboratory tests to verify chemical characteristics or composition of textile fibers, yarns, and products, and materials used in processing textiles: Tests oil and soap products to determine fitness for use in cloth and yarn finishing processes.
- 2) Tests dyed goods for stripping.
- 3) Tests greige goods to determine if goods are of specified quality for dyeing, printing, and finishing.
- 4) Verifies dye formulas used to develop or match colors by dyeing samples of cloth, yarn or textile fibers, and determines fastness of dyes, using laboratory equipment.
- 5) Tests raw stock for moisture content with meter-equipped probe.
- 6) Verifies efficiency of scouring process by testing wool samples to determine percentage of natural greases removed, using scales, solvents, and ovens.
- 7) Measures tear strength and wet and dry tensile strength, using tensile-testing equipment.
- 8) Determines color value by subjecting material to lights.
- 9) Visually inspects yarns and finished material.
- 10) May classify finished product according to quality and estimate amount of mending required.
Is being a "LABORATORY ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORATORY ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORATORY ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORATORY ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 2300