"LABORATORY ASSISTANT, CULTURE MEDIA"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares culture media used to develop vaccines and toxoids or to conduct chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests: Measures and weighs ingredients, such as food source, chemicals, preservatives, and vitamins, to prepare growth medium, using scales, graduated flasks, syringes, pipettes, and standard formulas.
- 2) Adjusts controls of equipment, such as pumps, filters, steam kettles, and autoclaves, to obtain uniform consistency of sterile medium.
- 3) Removes sample of medium from batch and tests sample for consistency, potency, and sterility, according to standardized procedures.
- 4) Pours medium or adjusts controls on automatic equipment that dispenses medium into containers, such as petri dishes, test tubes, or storage drums.
- 5) Seals containers and prepares and affixes identification labels to containers.
- 6) Maintains production and test records.
- 8) May mix ingredients to prepare stains used in tests.
Is being a "LABORATORY ASSISTANT, CULTURE MEDIA" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LABORATORY ASSISTANT, CULTURE MEDIA" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LABORATORY ASSISTANT, CULTURE MEDIA"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LABORATORY ASSISTANT, CULTURE MEDIA"
Job Number: 5597