Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Builds metal chains, consisting of multisize pattern plates, or installs pattern tapes that control operation of jacquard loom and link-and-link flat knitting machines and sets up machines to produce specified design in knitted fabric: Obtains specifications for new knitting pattern from supervisor.
- 2) Studies number, type, and arrangement of stitches in sample and determines arrangement of pattern plates on chains, employing knowledge of machine operation.
- 3) Connects plates to form chain.
- 4) Studies sample to determine which perforations in pattern plates are to be covered to produce specified knit and informs JACQUARD-PLATE MAKER.
- 5) Installs chains and pattern plates in machine and makes trial run to determine if knitting meets specifications.
- 6) May make minor repairs to knitting machines.
Is being a "KNITTER MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "KNITTER MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KNITTER MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KNITTER MECHANIC"
Job Number: 5571