Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that applies and smooths stiffening compounds, such as starch, onto cloth: Lifts roll of cloth onto machine brackets.
- 2) Threads cloth end through machine rollers and dryer and ties leader strap to takeup reel.
- 3) Lowers doctor and turns setscrews to adjust tension on cloth and set guide devices.
- 4) Pours compound on cloth directly in front of knife assembly and spreads compound evenly with paddle.
- 5) Starts and observes operation of machine, and adds compound as needed.
- 6) Lifts finished roll from takeup reel after cloth has passed through dryer.
- 7) May tend machine that automatically applies stiffening compound to cloth before cloth is drawn beneath knife.
Is being a "KNIFE-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "KNIFE-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KNIFE-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KNIFE-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5569