Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates grinding machines to shape and sharpen planer knives and woodworking machine cutters according to specifications: Positions and secures workpiece or sheet stock, template, and machine accessories onto machine, using handtools.
- 2) Turns handwheels to set travel and pressure of cutterhead or knife stock across or against grinding wheel to shape or sharpen workpiece.
- 3) Starts machine and observes grinding operation to verify conformance to specifications.
- 4) May cut out plastic templates used to fabricate knives and cutterheads.
- 5) May hone cutting edge of ground knives, using whetstone and oil.
- 6) May cut and grind silicon carbide jointing stones to match pattern of knives.
- 7) May select and install grinding wheels on machine, using handtools, applying knowledge of product specifications and abrasives.
- 8) May manipulate blade across grinding wheel by hand.
- 9) May turn valve to control flow of coolant.
- 10) May sharpen or shape knives and saw blades, using handtools.
- 11) May sharpen bits and boring tool.
Is being a "KNIFE GRINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "KNIFE GRINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KNIFE GRINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KNIFE GRINDER"
Job Number: 5564