Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls periodic, field, or retort kilns to bake clay products, such as brick, sewer pipe, clay refractories, and roofing tile: Opens fuel valves and lights gas or oil fire, using oil-soaked stick.
- 2) Seals kiln door with bricks and daubs brick with clay to prevent loss of heat, using trowel.
- 3) Observes thermometer and action of pyrometric cones through peepholes, or removes object from kiln with tongs and examines object to determine rate of burning.
- 4) Turns gas or oil valves and dampers to adjust rate of burning or baking of objects.
- 5) Closes fuel valves and fireboxes, opens kiln-crown holes, and installs fans to cool objects.
- 6) May be designated according to type of kiln operated as Dry-Kiln Burner; Field-Kiln Burner; Retort-Kiln Burner; or according to product burned as Brick-Kiln Burner; Roofing-Tile Burner.
Is being a "KILN BURNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "KILN BURNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KILN BURNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KILN BURNER"
Job Number: 5541