"KEYSEATING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates keyseating machine to cut keyseats in metal workpieces, such as wheels and gears, according to specifications: Reads blueprint or job order to determine dimensions and tolerances of workpiece, and tooling instructions, such as holding fixtures, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Measures workpiece and scribes guidelines for cutting keyseat, using steel rule and scriber.
- 3) Mounts specified tool on ram.
- 4) Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist, and aligns it with cutting tool.
- 5) Secures workpiece in fixture or to post on machine table, using clamps and wrenches.
- 6) Moves controls to set specified ram speed, length of stroke, and feed rate.
- 7) Turns handwheel to feed reciprocating tool to workpiece until depth of cut conforms to specifications, or engages automatic feeding device.
- 8) Verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications, using fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 9) Turns handwheel or adjustment screw to tilt table to cut tapered keyseats.
Is being a "KEYSEATING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "KEYSEATING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KEYSEATING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KEYSEATING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5537