Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts notches in key blanks to duplicate notches of original key, using key-duplicating machine: Selects key blank according to size, shape, or code number of original key.
- 2) Positions original key and blank in vises on carriage of machine and against guides.
- 3) Turns thumbscrews to secure key and blank in vises.
- 4) Starts cutting disk of machine.
- 5) Pushes and pulls horizontally moving carriage of machine to slide notched edge of original key against stationary guide on machine and to move key blank against cutting disk, duplicating notches of original key in bit of blank.
- 6) Turns thumbscrews and removes keys from vises.
- 7) Presses and holds duplicated key against revolving wire wheel to remove burrs from key.
- 8) Positions one key on top of another to compare notches of keys.
- 9) May collect payment from customer and make change.
- 10) May sell key holders or related novelty items.
Is being a "KEY CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "KEY CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KEY CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KEY CUTTER"
Job Number: 5533