Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls automatic or semiautomatic equipment to polymerize solutions in reaction kettles to produce synthetic-rubber polymers, such as silicone or neoprene, following written specifications: Weighs solid or liquid chemical additives, using balance or floor scale.
- 2) Dumps ingredients into kettle, using overhead hoist.
- 3) Turns valves to load kettles with monomer, catalyst, and modifier solutions.
- 4) Starts agitator and turns steam or water valves to activate and control polymerization.
- 5) Observes and records dial and gauge readings, and draws and tests samples to determine degree of completion of polymerization.
- 6) Turns valves to release vacuum and to cool batch to terminate polymerization.
- 7) Starts pumps to transfer nonreacted materials to rerun tank.
- 8) Flushes kettle with water and changes filter socks, or cleans kettle, using brushes and cleaning solvents.
- 9) May remove reactor cover and manually dump catalyst in reactor.
Is being a "KETTLE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "KETTLE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KETTLE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KETTLE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5524