Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates, assembles, installs, or repairs wooden furnishings in ships or boats according to blueprints, using handtools, power tools, and measuring instruments: Lays out, cuts, assembles, and installs wooden parts, such as deckhouses, doors, sashes, paneling, battery cribs, and refrigerator doors, using woodworking handtools and power tools, scales, square, and calipers.
- 2) Installs hardware and gaskets, using handtools.
- 3) Lays linoleum on deck or ladder treads, using mastic, spreaders, and linoleum-cutting tools.
- 4) Installs fiberglass or cork insulation on sides of ship below waterline to prevent water condensation.
- 5) Cuts, fits, and installs glass in skylights, cabins, and other parts of ship or boat.
- 6) Molds, bends, and laminates wood to form parts of ship, using steam chambers, clamps, glue, and jigs.
- 7) Fabricates, assembles, and installs desks, chairs, and cabinets, using woodworking machinery, such as jigsaws, planers, jointers, mortisers, and tenoners.
- 8) Shapes irregular parts to fit and joins matched grain wood, such as oak, mahogany, and teak.
Is being a "JOINER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JOINER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JOINER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JOINER"
Job Number: 5506