Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to assist JOINER in constructing and repairing wooden and plastic parts of vessels, such as cabin paneling, cabinets, and deck structures: Cuts wooden battens to specified size, using portable power saw.
- 2) Attaches battens to bulkheads, using glue, screws, and powered screwdriver.
- 3) Cuts mahogany, oak, or birch paneling to specified size, and holds paneling in place while JOINER secures paneling to battens.
- 4) Cuts insulating or sound-absorbing material, such as fiberglass, cork, or felt, into specified shape, following templates or oral directions and using shears, rules, knives, and straightedge.
- 5) Hammers retaining holders into studs to hold insulation in place, and tapes seams of insulation to obtain smooth joint.
- 6) Spreads rubber or plastic cement on decks to be covered with tile or linoleum.
- 7) Cuts tile or linoleum to fit in corners and around equipment, using cutting tools.
- 8) Applies glue to joints or edges of cabinet or furniture parts, using brush, assembles parts together, and places assembled parts in clamps until glue has dried.
- 9) Covers tables and desks with laminated plastic covering material.
- 10) Smooths boat surfaces to remove defects, such as ridges, tool marks, glue, and excess caulking material, using hand sander.
Is being a "JOINER HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JOINER HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JOINER HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JOINER HELPER"
Job Number: 5508