Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and adjusts machines, such as grid formers or spade-winding machines, used to fabricate parts for electron tubes: Reads work order or receives verbal instructions regarding machine setup.
- 2) Installs specified parts, such as gears, cams, ratchets, cutters, and guides in machine.
- 3) Sets control mechanisms that regulate functions, such as feed rate, spindle speed, air pressure, and wire tension.
- 4) Loads, positions, and aligns wire or other fabrication material on feed mechanisms.
- 5) Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunction.
- 6) Examines and measures sample part, using magnifying device and measuring instruments, such as balance scale, ruler, and micrometer, to ensure part meets specifications or to determine cause of defect.
- 7) May maintain and repair machinery.
- 8) May sharpen tools, using grinder or polishing equipment.
Is being a "JOB SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JOB SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JOB SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JOB SETTER"
Job Number: 5496