"JOB SETTER, SPLINE-ROLLING MACHINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up automatic spline roll-forming machines to cold-form splines on gear shafts according to machine setup instructions and knowledge of operational capabilities of machine, using handtools and gauges: Places shims to position die-racks at specified height and verifies position with micrometer.
- 2) Turns knob to adjust vernier gauges and obtain specified spacing of die mounts.
- 3) Places die-racks in mounts and clamps racks in position.
- 4) Places spline blank between machine centers and positions machine tailstock to accommodate length of workpiece.
- 5) Starts and cycles machine to verify operation specified.
- 6) Inspects trial run splines for conformance to specifications, using micrometer and gauges.
- 7) Adjusts machine to correct faulty setup if splines do not meet specifications.
- 8) May set up roll-forming machines to cold-form threads on gear shaft and be designated Job Setter, Thread-Rolling Machine.
Is being a "JOB SETTER, SPLINE-ROLLING MACHINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JOB SETTER, SPLINE-ROLLING MACHINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JOB SETTER, SPLINE-ROLLING MACHINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JOB SETTER, SPLINE-ROLLING MACHINE"
Job Number: 5498