"JOB SETTER, HONING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up horizontal or vertical honing machines for HONING-MACHINE OPERATORS, PRODUCTION engaged in production honing of metal objects: Reads blueprint to select tooling and plans sequence of operations.
- 2) Selects and secures tool in spindle, using wrenches.
- 3) Positions workpiece in fixture or on machine table, securing it with clamps and wrenches, and verifies positions with instruments, such as surface gauges and dial indicators.
- 4) Selects feed rate, honing tool rotation speed, and depth of cut, according to knowledge of metal properties and abrasives.
- 5) Moves controls to position tool in relation to workpiece and to set feed rate and spindle speed.
- 6) Positions and tightens stops, using wrench, to control length of honing tool stroke.
- 7) Starts machine and turns handwheels to feed tool to workpiece.
- 8) Measures first-run workpiece for conformance to specifications, using micrometers and fixed gauges.
- 9) May instruct new workers in machine operation.
Is being a "JOB SETTER, HONING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JOB SETTER, HONING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JOB SETTER, HONING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JOB SETTER, HONING"
Job Number: 5497