Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles frames, bases, and other component parts of industrial machines and equipment in jigs preparatory to welding, using electric crane and handtools: Verifies shape of metal parts according to blueprint specifications, using templates.
- 2) Examines metal parts to detect defects, such as rough spots and burrs, and removes defects, using hand file and portable powered grinder.
- 3) Lifts and fits parts in jig according to blueprint, using electric crane and handtools.
- 4) Clamps parts in position in jig, using wrench.
- 5) Tack-welds parts together in preparation for final welding.
- 6) Lifts and moves assembly from jig to welding area using electric crane.
Is being a "JIG FITTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JIG FITTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JIG FITTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JIG FITTER"
Job Number: 5484